[logback-user] Grouping of log messages

Hamish Graham hgraham at mtld.mobi
Wed Jun 26 11:17:12 CEST 2013

Hi,

We currently use Logback (+slf4j) for all the logging in our application.
We have a number of servers and we plan to aggregate the log files and use
something like logstash to view them all.

Does anyone know of a way to group the logs for a given request for easier
debugging of issues. App Engine does this and it is incredibly convenient
as it is possible to quickly see the flow for each user's request. This
screenshot (not mine) shows what I mean:

http://gwt-log.googlecode.com/files/2009-04-15-gwt-log-RemoteLogger-App-Engine.png

I'm not sure if this needs to be done at the logging side or not.

Thanks,
Hamish

--
The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message

dotMobi (Afilias Technologies Limited) is a private company limited by
shares, incorporated and registered in the Republic of Ireland with
registered number 398040 and registered office at First Floor, Fitzwilton
House, Wilton Place, Dublin 2.