[logback-user] Simplest Java sample; Simplest logback.xml; what no logfile

Kundan Bapat kundan.bapat at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 17:50:13 CEST 2013

Thanks Abraham!

No shorts cuts:)  I was hoping to do a quick working sample.. since logback
is claimed to be a simple (yet powerful) extension of log4j.
Thanks, I guess no alternative to reading the man pages.

You mentioned one thing below: "you've provided the JDK logging binding /
so code uses that instead of the fallback NOP logger":
- Am assuming NOP is No Operation logger?
- Where did I provide the JDK logging bindings - haven't imported any Java
Logging packages.
- While I will read the doc (saw it before, but resisted:) ) - with the
given code + logback.xml + jars, if I include logback.jar(s) things should
just 'work'... or I will need to update code in some ways to 'make it use
the logback'

Thanks,
Kundan