[logback-user] SLF4J 1.7.5 with LogBack

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Tue Mar 26 21:34:33 CET 2013

Hi Frederic,

The improvements in SLF4J 1.7.5 apply only to logger factories shipping
in SLF4J. Moreover, the improvements to logback's logger factory, aka
LoggerContext, were already applied in logback version 1.0.10.

Thus, for users of logback upgrading to slf4j 1.7.5 will not improve nor
degrade performance. Note that for logback users upgrading from version
1.6.x or 1.7.x to version 1.7.5 should be trivially easy and is recommended.

HTH,

On 26.03.2013 21:01, Frederic Conrotte wrote:
> Hello
>
> Regarding performance improvement in SLF4J 1.7.5, as I do not see any
> LogBackLoggerFactory in the commits:
> https://github.com/qos-ch/slf4j/commit/4dc6af1af741d9419c33187
>
> I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading if we use SLF4J + LogBack ?

65% of statistics are made up on the spot