[logback-user] DBAppender fails for find jndi dataSource from TomEE

sgarlick sgarlick987 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 18:13:24 CEST 2013

I turned on debug, but it doesn't provide anymore relevant information than

ERROR in ch.qos.logback.core.db.JNDIConnectionSource at 47f0bdcb - Error while
getting data source javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name
[comp/env/jdbc/datasource] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find
[comp].
        at javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name
[comp/env/jdbc/datasource] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find
[comp].
        at javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name
[comp/env/jdbc/datasource] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find
[comp].
        at at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:820)
        at at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:168)
        at at
org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:158)
        at at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:411)
        at at
ch.qos.logback.core.db.JNDIConnectionSource.lookupDataSource(JNDIConnectionSource.java:100)

I'm beginning to think this might be a TomEE issue and not logback.  The
only thing I can think of is that TomEE is initializing logging, before it
fills out the naming context.  I'm going to cross post this issue on their
forum and see if they know whats up.

Ceki Gulcu wrote