[logback-user] default delimiter for MDC?

ceki ceki at qos.ch
Sun May 5 22:38:01 CEST 2013

Hi Yoni,

Specifying a default value after ':-' should work. This is documented
at [1]. As this feature is unit tested, I would expect it to work
without problems. Could you please post your config file on this list?

Thank you in advance,

[1] http://logback.qos.ch/manual/layouts.html#mdc

On 05.05.2013 19:22, David Roussel wrote:
> Try
>
> %X{req.xForwardedFor,NONE}
>
> But :- would make more sense.
>
> David
>
> On 5 May 2013, at 18:18, Yoni Moses <yoni.moses at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been trying to use the new feature of the MDC without any luck.. it's probably a silly question, but can someone please post exact format for it?
>>
>> I've tried it without any luck...
>>
>> from what I've seen in the examples it seems like
>>
>> %X{req.xForwardedFor:-NONE}
>>
>> should work.. but for me it keeps on saying:
>> ScanException: Expecting }
>>
>> under Parser.expectCurlyRight
>>
>> version is 1.0.12 with slf4j 1.7.5
>>

>> Help is much appreciated ;)
>>
>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Yoni

65% of statistics are made up on the spot