[logback-user] SyslogAppender header with timestamp? Jan 01 01:00:00

Andreas Kruthoff andreas.kruthoff at nexustelecom.com
Wed May 22 14:54:53 CEST 2013

Hi

I'm using the SyslogAppender and am writing to a remote syslogd, using a
local1.info facility and a logfile.

All messages in syslog have the timestamp "Jan 01 01:00:00".

As I can't influence the layout of this appender
(http://logback.qos.ch/codes.html#syslog_layout), I wonder where this
timestamp comes from. I've used wireshark and seen that logback is
sending this date to syslogd. Is this a defect or am I missing something?

I've checked log4j with wireshark. The header isn't created, and there's
no timestamp in the transmitted message. Syslog is filling in its own
timestamp in this case, which is correct.

logback 1.0.12
solaris 10.

thx

-andreas

This email and any attachment may contain confidential information which is intended for use only by the addressee(s) named above. If you received this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the email from your system. You are prohibited from copying, disseminating or otherwise using the email or any attachment.