[logback-user] Logaback not initializing !!!!!!!

praveen patil iampraveenpatil at gmail.com
Mon May 27 14:39:49 CEST 2013

Hi folks,

I am an ofbiz user. In pur project we are facing a requirement to logging
on per thread basis.
ofbiz uses Log4j default, but in our custom component we have used logabck
with slf4j. I have put all the jar correctly and logback.xml on class path.
this is my config file

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>

    <appender name="SIFT"
class="ch.qos.logback.classic.sift.SiftingAppender">
        <discriminator class="com.logger.ThreadNameBasedDiscriminator"/>
        <sift>
            <appender class="ch.qos.logback.core.FileAppender">
                <file>runtime/logs/app-${threadName}.html</file>
                <layout class="ch.qos.logback.classic.PatternLayout">
                    <pattern><div class="%p">%d (%t)
[%24F:%-3L:%-5p]%x %m </div>%n</pattern>
                </layout>
            </appender>
        </sift>
    </appender>

    <root level="ALL">
        <appender-ref ref="SIFT" />
    </root>
</configuration>

How do i know that my logback.xml has initilized and if not initilized how
do i configured it manually (programatically).

Thanx in advance

cheers,
praveen