[logback-user] Multiple log files to single archive

PaSik tompasik at poczta.fm
Tue Oct 1 10:57:18 CEST 2013

Hi,

Could you please tell me whether it's possible to configure logback in such a way that multiple log files are compressed to a single, possibly already existing archive (existing because logback itself has already put some log Giles in this archive).

The current use case is that I'd like to have a RollingFileAppender with SizeAndTimeBasedFNATP with fileNamePattern=mylog-%d{yyyy-MM-dd}.%i.zip and have the log files archived to mylog-%d{yyyy-MM-dd}.zip.

Another use case would be an app that doesn't produce much logs and the loga would be produced to daily files but the archives would be monthly.

Thanks,
Tom