[logback-user] Multiple log files to single archive

PaSik tompasik at poczta.fm
Wed Oct 2 09:35:35 CEST 2013

I wasn't aware that Java doesn't provide any API to modify ZIP archives, that's a shake :-(
Do you think it would be doable if the request would be to create the zip archive once at the time the archive should roll. I guess the concept of rolling should be twofold - the log files roll independently of the archives and the archives roll every n archive rolls. The moment the archive rolls all logs should be archived.
In case of %d{yyyy-MM-dd}.%i.zip pattern on every change of %i the next log would be created (no archiving happens at this time) and on the change of the date the rolling should happen as usual but also all the %i logs created on the previous date should be archived.
Do you think I can create a ticket for such a feature?

Regards,
Tom