[logback-user] Multiple log files to single archive

PaSik tompasik at poczta.fm
Wed Oct 2 10:19:49 CEST 2013

Well, we have configured a rolling appender by date and size and have an app that produces lots of logs - hundreds of 40MB files. We have a script that compresses those files at the end of the day but we have some problems with it - sometimes files are locked by logback, there's also the topic of multiple environments. It'd be nice if the logback itself did it for us, but I don't want to end up with hundreds od zip files instead.

Anyway, thanks for your insight. If I do decide to implement something and it works I'll then create a ticket with the contribution.

Regards,
Tom