[logback-user] Fwd: Managing Logging JMXConfiguration via weblogic.WLST

Troy Hart troy.hart at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 16:34:36 CEST 2013

Help please.

I am deploying my application in weblogic server 12. I have my application
configured with the jmxConfigurator. In my development environment I have
disabled jmx remote authentication with the following java args:

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=9999

With this configuration I can connect to a running weblogic process using
jconsole. Within this tool there is an MBeans tab and from there I can
navigate to a node named "ch.qos.logback.classic" and I can see and modify
my application's logging configuration. This works great for development.

When I go to production I want to provide a way for the CM/Support team to
administer the configuration at runtime. However, I can not disable jmx
remote authentication for this scenario. Also, I don't think I'll be able
to use jconsole in this environment. I will be able to use weblogic's WLST
tool though. The problem is that I can't find or configure the MBeans
within the WLST tool.

Attached is a screen shot of jconsole, within which I can modify the
configuration. Then below, I will show some of my failing in wlst:

> wls:/emall/domainConfig> find(name="ch.qos.logback.classic")
> Finding 'ch.qos.logback.classic' in all registered MBean instances ...
> No results found in MBean Instances
>

> wls:/emall/domainConfig> find(name="acct")
> Finding 'acct' in all registered MBean instances ...
> No results found in MBean Instances
>

> wls:/emall/domainConfig>
> find(name="ch.qos.logback.classic.jmx.JMXConfigurator")
> Finding 'ch.qos.logback.classic.jmx.JMXConfigurator' in all registered
> MBean instances ...
> No results found in MBean Instances
>

> wls:/emall/domainConfig>
> find(name="ch.qos.logback.classic:Name=acct,Type=ch.qos.logback.classic.jmx.JMXConfigurator")
> Finding
> 'ch.qos.logback.classic:Name=acct,Type=ch.qos.logback.classic.jmx.JMXConfigurator'
> in all registered MBean instances ...
> No results found in MBean Instances
>

> wls:/emall/serverRuntime> serverConfig()
>

> wls:/emall/serverConfig> find(name="ch.qos.logback.classic")
> Finding 'ch.qos.logback.classic' in all registered MBean instances ...
> No results found in MBean Instances
>

> wls:/emall/serverConfig> find(name="acct")
> Finding 'acct' in all registered MBean instances ...
> No results found in MBean Instances
>

> wls:/emall/serverConfig>
> find(name="ch.qos.logback.classic.jmx.JMXConfigurator")
> Finding 'ch.qos.logback.classic.jmx.JMXConfigurator' in all registered
> MBean instances ...
> No results found in MBean Instances
>

> wls:/emall/serverConfig>
> find(name="ch.qos.logback.classic:Name=acct,Type=ch.qos.logback.classic.jmx.JMXConfigurator")
> Finding
> 'ch.qos.logback.classic:Name=acct,Type=ch.qos.logback.classic.jmx.JMXConfigurator'
> in all registered MBean instances ...
> No results found in MBean Instances

[image: Inline image 1]