[logback-user] Job Logger configuration

David Roussel nabble at diroussel.xsmail.com
Fri Oct 11 11:35:29 CEST 2013

Matt,

You can do this. I've done it.

First thing to note is that sifting appender only works off one key. So in your code concatenate the folder, sub folder and filename into one value and stick that in the MDC and use it as the key to the sifter and the variable in the path.

Next to make the log items only appear in one log I used two filters. One on the main log and one of the sifter. Make sure the two filters work opposed to each other. So when one accepts the other rejects.

Ideally there would be a switching filter, but it doesn't exist.

David