[logback-user] Formatting exceptions

Russell Webb russell.c.webb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 15:36:11 CEST 2013

I'm currently trying to configure logging for a Play app I'm working on so
that the main part of the log messages are on one line.

I reconfigured my file appender by removing the new lines except for at the
end.
   <pattern>%date - [%level] - from %logger in %thread - %message -
%exception%n</pattern>

However when an exception occurs the message part appears two lines below
the start of the log
---
[error] application -

! @6fl7pl0b3 - Internal server error, for (GET) [/owner/4675002] ->
 - play.api.Application$$anon$1: Execution exception[[RuntimeException:
Testing exception]]
at play.api.Application$class.handleError(Application.scala:289)
---

Does anyone know why this might happen and how I can change this?

Thx