[logback-user] Logback/SLF4J and Akka

Adam Gordon adam.n.gordon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 17:27:07 CEST 2013

Has anyone used Logback & SLF4J with Akka?  We're seeing some really weird
issues where log files aren't rolling when they're supposed to and the only
thing that could be causing it is Akka because the log configuration by
itself worked fine before Akka was introduced.

We have the following Akka logging configuration set:

  # Log akka config settings
  akka.log-config-on-start=true

  # Event handlers to register at boot time (Logging$DefaultLogger logs to
STDOUT)
  loggers = ["akka.event.slf4j.Slf4jLogger"]

  # Log level used by the configured loggers (see "event-handlers") as soon
  # as they have been started; before that, see "stdout-loglevel"
  loglevel = INFO

  # Log level for the very basic logger activated during AkkaApplication
startup
  stdout-loglevel = INFO

--adam

http://gordonizer.com