[logback-user] How to control WebApp logging by Tomcat control files

Ulrich Forums at gombers.de
Mon Apr 21 09:04:09 CEST 2014

Until now I learned that LOGBACK can replace java.util.logging only for
access logging until. It seems, only log4j can provide a full
java.util.logging replacement.
As LOGBACK can't replace JUL, I can't use LOGBACK to control
WebApplicationLogging centrally, though I'm no longer sure that this might
be a good idea, anyway.
I learned to control the access log now, so I'm done with my question.