[logback-user] logback.xml not reloaded

Johanes Soetanto otnateos at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 22:44:00 CET 2014

Quoting the doc

"In order to improve performance, ReconfigureOnChangeFilter is in reality
"alive" only once every *N* logging operations. Depending on how often your
application logs, the value of *N* can be modified on the fly by logback.
By default N is 16, although it can go as high as 2^16 (= 65536) for
CPU-intensive applications.

In short, when a configuration file changes, it will be automatically
reloaded but only after several logger invocations *and* after a delay
determined by the scanning period.
"

Correct me if i'm wrong, if the check happens ever N log operation,
shouldn't it use modulus instead of masking for the check?

e.g.

if (((invocationCounter++) % mask) != 0) {

Thanks,

Johanes