[logback-user] Rolling files on Android

Chris Kelly chris at thursby.com
Mon Dec 8 22:34:59 CET 2014

Tony,

In my case, the time based rolling is working, but the rolling stops all together when I add the size based triggering policy to the rolling appender.
I'm sure my understanding of the various classes is to blame, but I would expect to be able to create and set a simple SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy that would work
in parallel with the timeBasedRollingPolicy like in your example. I added the status listener as mentioned below and don't see any messages that correlate to the size trigger.
The messages that I do see about the time and file name pattern look correct.

Since yesterday I was able to get this working by using a SizeAndTimeBasedFNATP and setting it like rollingPolicy.setTimeBasedFileNamingAndTriggeringPolicy(stFNATP);
Is this the accepted approach to get simple roll-over each day with an additional max file size property?