[logback-user] NPE when extending RollingFileAppender

Johny Johnson johny.johnson at apx-labs.com
Tue Feb 11 15:49:36 CET 2014

Yeah, the NPE occurs because rollingPolicy is null in the getFile call (triggeringPolicy is also null at this point) but can't seem to figure out why rollingPolicy isn't getting set.  If I'm extending the RollingFileAppender do I need to and programmatically set everything it checks for in start() manually (vs. getting it from logback.xml)?

Johny