[logback-user] Stopping LoggerContext while using AsyncAppender

David Roussel nabble at diroussel.xsmail.com
Fri Jun 27 08:53:37 CEST 2014

Hi Paresh,

When you ‘kill’ a process, the OS sends the process a signal.  The JVM receives the signal and will begin shutting down the JVM, this includes running ‘shutdown hooks’

You can setup a shutdown hook which shutdown logback.  If would send a link, but I’m off line on the underground writing this.  But if you google for logback shutdown hook, then I’m sure you’ll find an example.

In this way when you kill your process logback can shutdown cleanly.

Of course if you do ‘kill -9’ then there is no way to do a clean shutdown.

Thanks

David