[logback-user] Suppressing logging for select projects

David Roussel nabble at diroussel.xsmail.com
Sat May 10 07:39:20 CEST 2014

Mike,

You could creat a custom logback confirm just for command line utils, logback-streamparse-cli.xml. Then set a system property either in the command line. It as the first line of your main method.

java -Dlogback.configurationFile=/path/to/logback-streamparse-cli.xml my.MainClass

Or

public static void main() {
  System.setProperty("logback.configurationFile", pathToLogfile);
}

This way the config is picked up only for the command line utilities and not for the rest of the app.

David