[logback-user] Log by transaction, rather than logger/class

Donald McLean dmclean62 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 17:07:54 CET 2014

I am working on a multi-threaded web app and I use Logback for debugging
purposes during development.

Most of what happens in my app is event driven, and there is a clear start
and end point of the processing of each event. All of the processing that
takes place on a given thread between the start and end point are all part
of the same event/transaction.

So what I would find helpful is if there was a way to configure Logback so
that logging was different inside a transaction (even if it just turned on
all logging) and that the rules were based on the transaction name rather
than on the debugger.

Would something like this be reasonably possible?

Just curious,

Donald