[logback-user] need help for using fileHeader

Ren, Kevin Kevin.Ren at justice.govt.nz
Sun Oct 5 22:01:50 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am using logback for my application and find one more issue. I am not sure it's bug or I need to write my own class to overwrite the existing class.

I try to generate CSV file from my application and using fileHeader for the output.

1. It's working fine for first time, when log file is not existing. I have not try rollover yet, but I think it's fine as well. The head is on the first line of the file.
<encoder class="ch.qos.logback.core.encoder.LayoutWrappingEncoder">
            <layout class="ch.qos.logback.classic.PatternLayout">
                <fileHeader>Time current max percentage</fileHeader>
                <pattern>%m%n</pattern>
            </layout>
        </encoder>

2. question is when I restart my app, the log file exists there. The fileheader is append , this make the file has two head lines.
Because the property called "fileHeader", I thought only one header for one file.

So is this a bug? or I have to implement my own class to overwrite LayoutWrappingEncoder or PatternLayout classes.

Thanks

Kevin

Confidentiality notice:
This email may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you have received it by mistake, please:
(1) reply promptly to that effect, and remove this email and the reply from your system;
(2) do not act on this email in any other way.
Thank you.