[logback-user] Separate log within same application

John Smith tomcat.random at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 18:01:12 CEST 2014

I use logback in my application to log errors and, if necessary, warnings
and info. It's set up and it works great.

I'd like to have a separate log that keeps track of user activity within
our admin tools. For example, say user x deleted some information using the
admin tools, I'd like to log that.

In some cases there might be both error logging and user behavior logging
in the same class. I'm not clear on how you would separate the two, since
I'm using the LoggerFactory with the class name:

 final static Logger logger = LoggerFactory.getLogger(UserDB.class);

What would be the best way of doing this?

TIA,
John