[logback-user] Separate stacktrace from others logs

Matthieu Nantern matthieu.nantern at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 09:46:46 UTC 2015

Hello !

I'd like to separate my stacktrace from other logs in 2 different files. I
manage to do that with 2 appenders:

The first one with %nopex:
<encoder>
      <charset>UTF-8</charset>
      <pattern>%nopex %d{dd/MM/yyyy-HH:mm:ss.SSS}
[%thread][%X{TRANSACTION_ID}] %-5level %logger{36}:%L - %msg%n</pattern>
   </encoder>

The second with only %xException{full}

But now I want to add my MDC field TRANSACTION_ID when an exception arises
(and only when an exception pop up). Just adding %X{TRANSACTION_ID} to my
pattern doesn't work, I have a new line for every log line even when I
don't have any exception.

Do you have any idea of how to do it ?

Thank you !