[logback-user] STUCK threads with Logback

Kantzer, Chris E ckantzer at cxloyalty.com
Wed May 13 17:07:10 CEST 2015

Hello,
We are getting some stuck threads in our Prod apps that seem to point to logback as the culprit.  It only took a few moments to realize we have been lax with our logging statements and we were logging a huge amount of (unnecessary) lines.  We are cutting back significantly the number of logged lines in the hopes that it solves the issue.

My question:  Is there anything else we should investigate as a possible reason for logback causing stuck threads OTHER than excessive logging?  I can post the stack trace if needed.

Thanks,
Chris Kantzer