[logback-user] where is ${webapp.root}

Simon Wong simonwg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 08:58:20 UTC 2015

Hi,

   logback-ext-spring is what you need.

   I am using Spring MVC JavaConfig

public class MvcWebApplicationInitializer extends
AbstractAnnotationConfigDispatcherServletInitializer {

   // other Spring JavaConfig

    @Override
    public void onStartup(ServletContext servletContext) throws
ServletException {
        servletContext.setInitParameter("webAppRootKey", "*my.app.root*");
        servletContext.setInitParameter("logbackConfigLocation",
"/META-INF/logback.xml");
        servletContext.addListener(LogbackConfigListener.class);

        super.onStartup(servletContext);
    }
}

In logback.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<configuration scan="true" scanPeriod="3 seconds">
    <property resource="logback.properties" />

    <variable name="FILE_NAME_PREFIX" value="myLogPrefix" />
    <variable name="APPLICATION_ROOT" value="*${my.app.root}*" />
    <variable name="LOG_PATTERN" value="%d{HH:mm:ss.SSS} [%thread] %-5level
%logger{32} - %msg%n" />
    <variable name="LOG_MAX_HISTORY" value="${logs.max.history.in.days}" />
    <variable name="LOG_OUTPUT_FORMAT" value="${logs.output.format}" />

    <!-- Other logback appender config here.... -->