[logback-user] catch hazelcast logs when you start service as a daemon

Ulku Kondoz ulkukondoz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 09:50:43 CEST 2015

Hi guys,

I am using hazelcast in my service and when I start my service from idea or
run the start-up script (./script.sh), I can see hazelcast node discovery
logs in both console and log file.

Members [1] {
    Member [X.X.X.X]:5500 this
}

However, when I start my service "sudo service service-name start", which
calls the same start-up script but runs it with start-stop-deamon, I cannot
see hazelcast node discovery logs in the log file.

hazelcast logback settings

<logger name="com.hazelcast" level="INFO" additivity="false">
        <appender-ref ref="file"/>
        <appender-ref ref="console" />
</logger>

Which configuration do I need to do in order to see the node discovery in
the log file?

Thanks,
Ulku