[logback-user] Announcement: logback-redis adapter for logstash

Lars Gohlke lars.gohlke at idealo.de
Tue Dec 20 16:11:01 CET 2016

We would like to proudly announce our first public release of
‘logback-redis’. This library enables JVM applications to log directly into
a Redis+ELK stack with logback.

https://github.com/idealo/logback-redis

The logback-redis appender has been battle-tested in conjunction with
logstash-logback-encoder [1], which takes care of JSON-encoding and
buffering.

We aimed for:

   -

   developer-friendliness (easy to configure, safe to use)
   -

   maximum throughput (Redis pipelining support)
   -

   high software quality

We use this library for apps in a RELK (Redis-Elasticsearch-Logstash-Kibana)
environment in production for over six months, handling easily 1000
messages/second per host, used by over 50 installations concurrently.

Why did we implemented another solution?

> We experienced load problems with existing libraries at 100 m/s.

Another similiar library is aqlu/logstash-logback-encoder-extends [2].

We welcome any feedback at https://github.com/idealo/logback-redis.

[1] https://github.com/logstash/logstash-logback-encoder

[2] https://github.com/aqlu/logstash-logback-encoder-extends

--
Lars K.W. Gohlke
Software gardener User-Services

*idealo internet GmbH*
Ritterstraße 11
10969 Berlin, Deutschland
E-Mail: lars.gohlke at idealo.de <anja.kettern at idealo.de>
Geschäftsführer:
Dr. Albrecht von Sonntag, Dr. Philipp-Christopher Peitsch, Jörn Rehse
HRB 76749 – Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg
[image: idealo Logo] <http://www.idealo.de/>