[logback-user] Custom Appender Configuration using generic Properties

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Thu Jul 28 17:53:48 UTC 2016

Hello John,

The properties are picked up automatically. Are you saying that the
property names are unknown in logback.xml?

If you can write

  <appender name="theCustomAppender" class="domian.TheCustomAppender">
    <properties class="java.util.Properties">
      <property name="thisPropertyName" value="value" />
    </properties>
  </appender>

you can also write

  <appender name="theCustomAppender" class="domian.TheCustomAppender">
    <thisPropertyName>value</thisPropertyName>
  </appender>

The second form would work just fine as long as "thisPropertyName" has a
setter.