[logback-user] Some questions about DBAppender of the logback

Paul Krause pkrause at investsoftech.com
Mon Mar 14 11:10:41 UTC 2016

I've never understood why DBAppender logs the time using a long instead of a java.sql.Timestamp. It's quite annoying and I never found a way to change it.

What I wound up doing instead to write a SQL function to convert milliseconds to a DATETIME (you can find it on stack overflow) and incorporating that into a view.

Thanks,
Paul