[logback-user] HTMLLayout does not set end tags

Julian Keppel juliankeppel1991 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 09:00:01 CEST 2017

Hello,

I'm trying the HTML layout of logback version 1.1.7 with Java 1.8.0_131 at
the moment. But I found out that it does not set the corresponding end tags

    <appender name="FILE" class="ch.qos.logback.core.FileAppender">
        <file>index.html</file>
        <append>false</append>
        <encoder class="ch.qos.logback.core.encoder.LayoutWrappingEncoder">
            <layout class="ch.qos.logback.classic.html.HTMLLayout">
                <pattern>%d{yyyy-MM-dd
HH:mm:ss}%-5level%msg%logger{0}</pattern>
            </layout>
        </encoder>
    </appender>

Am I doing something wrong or am I missing some little configuration here?
I really would like to have valid HTML at the end...

Thank you for your advice.

Best regards
Julian