[logback-user] getting logback to scale on multitenant app

Jamie jamie at stimulussoft.com
Fri Dec 15 09:30:42 CET 2017

David

To follow up: I examined the Logback source code in the repo.
Specifically, the class AsyncAppenderBase
<https://github.com/qos-ch/logback/blob/master/logback-core/src/main/java/ch/qos/logback/core/AsyncAppenderBase.java>.
It appears as if this is a design issue.  To get it to work the way we
want, Logback code would need to be refactored. Each appender is
assigned its own worker thread. The worker thread is started when the
appender is started. I guess the designers of logback hadn't anticipated
a scenario where many appenders would be used.

public void start() {
         ..
         worker.setDaemon(true);
         worker.setName("AsyncAppender-Worker-" + getName());
         super.start();
         worker.start();
  }

Cheers