[logback-user] MDCInsertingServletFilter and req.remoteHost

Murray, Thomas - 3 tmurray2 at bankofamerica.com
Thu Mar 30 14:46:29 CEST 2017

 Hi,

I have configured my application with the MDCInsertingServletFilter and added the %X{req.remoteHost} to my logback.xml pattern attribute.  The log is showing the fully qualified name of the client that sent the request.  However, I would like to log the IP and not the fully qualified host name.  The documentation for getRemoteHost() states "If the engine cannot or chooses not to resolve the hostname (to improve performance), this method returns the dotted-string form of the IP address".  How do I configure the engine to not resolve fully qualified host name?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Tom.

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer.   If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.