[logback-user] separate task log files (slf4j + logback)

Денис Матвеев denism78 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 15:28:20 CEST 2017

Hello!

I began to consider the possibility of logging in a new major Java
application and so far I could not find (jul, logback) how to do the
following:
- Loggers for different subtasks are created inside the program
(LoggerFactory.getLogger(logName)), I want the logName to be the name of
the log file, the number of subtasks is unknown in advance,

i.e. so you do not have to edit the configuration file when writing the
next subtask, which explicitly assigns the log name and correlates it
with some file.

Is it possible to register this once at the configuration file level so
that it does not have to be changed in the future?

Thanks for your job.

Best regards

Denis Matveev

Russia