[logback-user] Spring and Logback : 8 threads (logback-1 to logback-8) are created.. why 8 ?

Muelsa Prinarnod muelsa.prinarnod at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 15:15:13 CET 2018

Dear all,

*first of all, excuse me if you receive this issue 2 times, but I've sent
it before subscribing and I was not sure it was accepted.*

I have deployed 10 applications in Tomcat/Spring and each one contains
logback in order to have a different log file for each application.

When I look at tomcat threads, I see 8 threads per application (named
logback-1 to logback-8).

Does anyone know why 8 and how to reduce that number ? (and the
consequencies) ?
8x10 is much ...

thanks in advance for any help,
Samuel