[logback-user] logback 1.3.0-alpha5 NPE

Rolf Schumacher rolf at august.de
Tue Nov 19 23:23:24 CET 2019

I've reduced my problem to a very simple maven project, located here as
zip-file:

/https://www.file-upload.net/download-13793489/deeschd.zip.html/

doing a /mvn test/ runs fine with Java-11.

uncommenting

///    requires transitive ch.qos.logback.classic;/

in /src/main/jave/module-info.java/

and running /mvn test/ again leads to an NPE.

Why does the mentioning of an existing module in /module-info.java /lead
to an NPE?
//

This source code is a reduction of an existing project. It has been has
been moved from Java-8 to Java-11.

The source code contains a /LogbackConfigurator.java/ (implementing
ch.qos.logback.classic.spi.Configurator).

/LogbackConfigurator.java/ needs /ch.qos.logback.classic/ in
/module-info.java/ in order to compile.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Any help welcome

Rolf