[logback-user] What's best practices to maintain logger names in backend configuration files like logback.xml?

David Roussel nabble at diroussel.xsmail.com
Fri Apr 3 11:27:25 CEST 2020

I tend to keep it simple and have a fairly generic config file and I include it in the jar file of the app. In the file I’ll have only overrides where needed.
If I want to change logging at runtime then i will set a system property on the command line to override a log level.

I’ve never needed much more than that.

Have a look about how to read system properties inside logback.xml

Dave