[logback-user] Joran Conditional Configuration

Josh Cooke josh.cooke at starlingbank.com
Tue Oct 19 18:38:28 CEST 2021

Hi,

Support for Joran Conditional Configuration was removed in 1.3.0-alpha5, I believe with the intention to rebuild it.

We’re now in a situation where major release versions of common open source libraries (Jetty 10, for example) are importing recent versions of the 1.3 alpha, forcing users to upgrade their dependency trees accordingly.

We use conditional configuration widely in our applications but we’re unable to upgrade logback beyond alpha4 due to the lack of conditional support.

Is this support going to be re-implemented any time soon? How can we work around the compatibility issues?

We’re currently in the difficult position of not being able to update a large number of dependencies because they all lead back to logback >alpha5.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh

 <https://www.starlingbank.com/?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=signature>
JOSH COOKE
TECH LEAD - DATA ENGINEERING
STARLING BANK
Download from App Store <https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/starling-bank/id956806430?pt=117314812&ct=email_signature_ios&mt=8> or Google Play <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.starlingbank.android&referrer=utm_source%3Demail%26utm_medium%3DCTA%26utm_campaign%3Dsignature>
and apply for an account in minutes.
 <https://www.starlingbank.com/?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=signature>  <https://twitter.com/StarlingBank/>  <https://www.facebook.com/starlingbank/>  <https://www.instagram.com/starlingbank/> <https://www.starlingbank.com/?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=signature>We’re hiring - click here to discover more <https://www.starlingbank.com/careers/>.
Starling Bank is registered in England and Wales as Starling Bank Limited (No.09092149), 3rd floor, 2 Finsbury Avenue, London, EC2M 2PP <https://maps.google.com/?q=3rd+floor,+2+Finsbury+Avenue,+London,+EC2M+2PP&entry=gmail&source=g>. We are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 730166. Starling Bank Limited is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme and the Financial Ombudsman Service.