[logback-user] OSGi Application: Janino on classpath?

Benno Luthiger luthiger at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 17:04:35 CEST 2023

Hello everybody

I want to use conditional processing in my logback.xml of my OSGi
application.
I learnt that I have to add the Janino library (and the Janino
commons-compiler) to the application's classpath. I do that and let the
OSGi container (*equinox*) start these libraries. However, I still get the
error '*ERROR in
ch.qos.logback.core.model.processor.conditional.IfModelHandler - Could not
find Janino library on the class path. Skipping conditional processing.*'.
What is the proper way to add the Janino library to the classpath (in an
OSGi application)?

Note: I've also downloaded and added 'janino-fragment' from
logback-contrib. Still the same result.

Best,
Benno