[logback-user] Custom appender: output of addWarn() not showing

Ton van Bart tonvanbart at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 14:53:26 CEST 2023

Thank you for the tip, that was very helpful!
TBH I wasn't aware of StatusListeners... I added an OnConsoleStatusListener
in logback.xml, as I mentioned this appender is added to Kafka Connect -
which we have running in Kubernetes - and messages started showing up
(albeit with a delay, which I think is due to fact that I'm logging in the
callback passed to Kafka produce().
So, for my understanding, any statuses added during appender start() are
picked up and shown, but statuses added during append() are not shown
_unless_ you explicitly add a status listener, is that correct?

Thanks again for your help, kind regards, Ton