[reload4j] State of the build - take II

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Tue Jan 11 23:46:35 CET 2022

Hello all,

I am happy to report that the reload4j build is now "releasable". By
"releasable", I mean that it could be released to Maven central if so
desired.

The code is available at https://github.com/qos-ch/reload4j

It can be built with Maven using JDK 8* and targets/runs under JDK 1.5.

** Tried with 1.8.0_121-b13

All tests pass.

The tests were updated but no actual code was changed except for the
removal of NTEventAppender and fixing REL-4.

[REL-1] Standardize and sanitize project structure: Done

[REL-2] CVE-2021-4104 (JMSAppender vulnerability): Fixed

[REL-3] CVE-2019-17571 (de-serialization vulnerability in SocketServer
aka CVE-2019-17571): Will be done tomorrow

[REL-4] Fix MDC in newer JDKs: done

[REL-1] https://jira.qos.ch/browse/REL-1
[REL-2] https://jira.qos.ch/browse/REL-2
[REL-3] https://jira.qos.ch/browse/REL-3
[REL-4] https://jira.qos.ch/browse/REL-4

Please try the build and kindly provide feedback.

Please contact suppport(at)qos.ch for donations, sponsorship or support
contracts related to SLF4J or logback projects.