[reload4j] PR12 https://github.com/qos-ch/reload4j/pull/12

Vladimir Sitnikov sitnikov.vladimir at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 09:00:47 CET 2022

>I am coming from afar and had not heard of Github Actions previously.
>However, I am somewhat familiar with Travis and its predecessor (name?).

GitHub Actions is similar to Travis, and the key differences are:
a) Travis is dying nowadays (they have strict limits, etc)
b) Actions are better integrated with GitHub UI
c) Actions are more powerful

For instance, GitHub Actions allow randomizing test matrix on the fly,
so you can have good coverage without hard-coding all the possibilities
and without waiting for the feedback for hours.

I'm planning to switch matrix generation to
https://github.com/vlsi/github-actions-random-matrix a bit later.
That would introduce testing with unusual locales, unusual languages, JVMs,
etc.

Vladimir