[slf4j-dev] Fwd: Re: UGLI replaced by SLF4J

Jacob Kjome hoju at visi.com
Fri Apr 22 21:33:33 CEST 2005

Is slf4j going to support all the common levels generally
expected by users of Log4j, commons-logging, and JDK1.4 logging?  I see
"debug", "info", "warn", and "error".  I don't see "trace" or "fatal".  I
agree
that the former levels are the most commonly used.  Does the decision to not
include the latter levels have anything to do with library code not being
expected to need it?  I saw the FAQ about "When should SLF4J be
used?" and
it seems to hint at my hunch as the reason.  It is an, arguably, valid reason
for the exlusion of "trace" and "fatal".  I guess we'll need to see what kind
of user input we get about it.  In any case, this is a big step forward.

Jake