[slf4j-dev] Logger.debug(String, Object[])?

Christian Stein sormuras at gmx.de
Fri Aug 5 11:43:45 CEST 2005

Ceki Gülcü wrote:
> The Object[] param form has been requested very frequently. It's quite
> a reasonable request. As such, you can expect method accepting
> Object[] as parameter to be added in the near future.

+1

And I have to mention it again, I'd love to see a Java 5 var-args parameter
version as well. :)

   debug(String format, Object...);

If you double the generated jars, you could compile the Java 5 API from the
"JDK neutral" API.

  o slf4j-simple.jar
  o slf4j-simple-j5.jar
  o slf4j-nop.jar
  o slf4j-nop-j5.jar
  o slf4j-jdk14.jar (*hehe* this already exists!)
  o slf4j-jdk5.jar

The same duplication goes for other implementations like:

  o nlog4j-x.y.z.jar
  o nlog4j-x.y.z-j5.jar

Just my 2 € cents.

Cheers,