NLS in Logger (Re: [slf4j-dev] Logger.debug(String, Object[])?)

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Sat Aug 6 14:52:47 CEST 2005

At 07:30 AM 8/6/2005, Curt Arnold wrote:
>The logger name and relationship methods should be on a different
>interface than the log request methods.  It is clearly possible to
>have a log framework that has the concepts of levels but doesn't
>offer a hierarchy or provide methods to interrogate the relationships
>between loggers.  Since it would be unusual for a single fragment of
>code to want to make log requests AND interrogate the relationship of
>the loggers, splitting these into two different interfaces should not
>complicate the client code.

IoC developers seem to have quite a different mind set than people
building logging systems. What seems natural to one is not necessarily
so for the other. What we believe to be correct is not necessarily
true, and what we are accustomed to is not necessarily good.

By confronting the perspectives of each side we can perhaps find a
solution commonly acceptable or at least better understand each
other.