[slf4j-dev] SLF4J Implementation for Simple Log

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Wed Aug 10 13:06:04 CEST 2005

Hello Graham,

The SLF4J is identical to the X11 license which is rather
permissive. Given the steps you have described, it certainly looks
like you have conformed to the terms of the license.

I'll update the SLF4J web-site so that simple-log is listed as an
implementation supporting the SLF4J API.

If you look at the the *not-yet-released* 1.0beta5 API [1], you will
notice several changes, all assumed to be for the better. There are
two main changes. First, support for org.slf4j.Marker interface was
added as a first-class item in org.slf4j.Loggger interface. Second,
LoggerFactoryAdapter was renamed as ILoggerFactory. In my humble
opinion, the old name was too much of a mouthful. In addition, the
interface now contains a single method instead of the previous two.

For a discussion on the Marker interface, please see the discussion on
the this mailing list [2], in particular the "TRACE level" thread [3].

As a new stake holder in the SLF4J, it is important that you agree
with the planned changes.

I am looking forward for your comments,

[1] http://www.slf4j.org/api-1.0-beta5/
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=slf4j-dev&w=2&r=1&s=Marker&q=b