[slf4j-dev] SLF4J Implementation for Simple Log

Ceki Gülcü listid at qos.ch
Fri Aug 12 12:07:41 CEST 2005

Hello Graham,

I can understand why you'd be reticent to add support for Markers in
Simple-Log.

Note that the SLF4J API does not demand that Simple_log actually do
anything useful with markers. Simple-Log can delegate calls to methods with
a Marker object to the appropriate method without the Marker. This is what
NOP, Simple, JDK14 and NLOG4J implementations do. To support SLF4J beta5,
Simple-Log needs to include Marker related classes, Marker, MarkerFactory,
IMarkerFactory, BasicMarker and BasicMarkerFactory, all of which are
included in SLF4J beta5. Of course, Simple-log would need to conform to the
org.slf4j.Logger interface.

For users who do not need more complex schemes, Simple-Log can be
sufficient. However, for those wanting to do more complex things, Marker
offers significant new power.

Cheers,