[slf4j-dev] Re: TRACE level

Niclas Hedhman niclas at hedhman.org
Wed Jul 6 05:01:08 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 06 July 2005 02:17, Greg Wilkins wrote:
> I can now see things like:
>
>    log.error(LogSupport.FATAL,"shit happened",e);
>    log.error(LogSupport.TRANSIENT,"try again",e);
>
>    log.warn(LogSupport.SECURITY,"Break in attempt on port {}",port);
>
>    log.debug(LogSupport.TRACE,"entered method and too lazy to use IDE");
>    log.debug(LogSupport.VERBOSE,"{}",bigObject);

Great examples !

And +1 on the ignore() as well. It really communicates purpose and intent in
the code, incl making checkstyle and IDEs happy that catch clauses are not
empty. ;o)

And I could go with a trace() as well to make people happy, although I think
the name is very bad. notice() or verbose() is IMHO a lot better, sitting
between INFO and DEBUG.

Cheers
Niclas