[slf4j-dev] Re: Beta 4 and the new method signatures

Niclas Hedhman niclas at hedhman.org
Fri Jul 8 10:32:16 CEST 2005

On Friday 08 July 2005 15:44, Greg Wilkins wrote:

<snip content="good stuff" />

I like your clarity a lot :o)

Especially the custom loggers that are frequent for many more application
specific domains. Many transaction based systems uses in parallel to DB
operations, "just to make sure", I guess.

> Is this the grand unification theory?   probably not.
> But it is not tooooo ugly - althought the s in slf4j might need
> to be dropped.

Hmmm... Best of all worlds?
If we look at the implementation side, and bridging to existing
implementation, would this be fairly reasonable level of work?

Anything in the performance area that would kill this idea?

> BUT I REPEAT.... I'm 95% happy with the current API and am not
> really advocating for radical change.

Me too. Just wanted to toss the idea in the air and see what other people
think. If I am mad thinking it, I would like to know it ;o)

Cheers
Niclas