[slf4j-dev] Re: slf4j and log4j

robert burrell donkin robertburrelldonkin at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun May 1 20:17:49 CEST 2005

i wonder whether it's actually necessary to have any committers (in the
apache sense). i've been wondering whether we could learn from the
process that created SAX.

if the consensus is that we need votes and formalism now, i'd probably
look to extend the net a little wider. i'd be happy for any apache
committers with an interest to have a vote. (indeed, probably anyone
with relevant OSS experience and demonstrated interest.)

one of the mistakes we made when JCL was created was that there were no
real application framework folks involved (at least in a positive
fashion). so, i'm keen to hear what niclas has to say.

i've also been wondering whether (if this experiment looks like working)
whether we might be able to develop IBM's enterprise logging proposal
through this forum.

- robert